Please test my app

Started by
10 comments, last by Metus 22 years, 3 months ago
visit www.wixner.net and download the latest () W3DEngine Binary (0.02) and tell me what you think.
Ethereal
Advertisement
I''m so sorry; when i tried my app on another computer; it COULD stop responde during the GLShutdown process.

If this should occur; just kill it with ctrl-alt-del
Ethereal
It gave me a shutdown error on this, but it wasn''t that bad.

Looks nice, and runs smooth. I was running at around 1120fps.

Beer - the love catalyst
good ol'' homepage
Beer - the love catalystgood ol' homepage
ran perfect.
no errors on shutdown.
1200+ FPS

ran on Win2k pro.

- Mike
"The important thing to remember when programming is: When you're 90% complete, there's still 50% more to go."
Nice.
Could you post your OS and video card when testing?
There seems to be some problems on NON-nVidia cards and the NeHe shutdown code.

Could someone tell me the VERY-RIGHT-WAY-TO-SHUTDOWN-OPENGL in that case?
Ethereal
The right way to shutdown in OpenGL in Win32, is to use the wgl* commands to deselect the rendering context, then delete it.

Once you''ve done that, you can shut down just like any other Win32 program. Look at NeHe''s tutorials for the wgl* commands (they''re usually in the KillGLWindow function)...

iNsAn1tY - the place where imagination and the real world merge...
Try http://uk.geocities.com/mentalmantle
My opinion is a recombination and regurgitation of the opinions of those around me. I bring nothing new to the table, and as such, can be safely ignored.[ Useful things - Firefox | GLee | Boost | DevIL ]
oh sorry about that

This machine is using a TNT2 Pro and is on WinME with 128mb dram and an athlon 850.

Beer - the love catalyst
good ol'' homepage
Beer - the love catalystgood ol' homepage
quote:Original post by mkaltner
ran perfect.
no errors on shutdown.
1200+ FPS

ran on Win2k pro.

- Mike

Athlon Thunderbird 900
ATi Radeon 64DDR VIVO
256MB Ram
Windows 2000 Pro
"The important thing to remember when programming is: When you're 90% complete, there's still 50% more to go."
I am using a Hercules 3D Prophet II MX 64Mb video card, using NVIDIA''s GeFroce2 MX Chipset. I did not get an error upon quit, though I did get and error when switching from Windowed to Full Screen mode. The error said, "SetPixelFormatFailed". Then when I quit the program when in Full Screen Mode it kept my normal screen in a big ugly resolution, gotta fix that so that you return to the computers normal resolution size.

-Adam
Around 3170 fps

The screen is just black though? Except for the text that is...

AthlonXP 1600+, Soltek 75-DRV2 (KT266A), 256 DDR
Leadtek GF3 Ti200 (oc''d at 220/500, with no ramsinks, stock gpu-heatsink with no fan...)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement