UK bods: What should I do?

Started by
62 comments, last by BSXrider 22 years, 2 months ago
Like you say C++ is very similar to Java, Java is the natural progression from C++ not the other way round like they do at Nottingham. Im sorry once you are good at C++ Java is Piss. You should always have your grounding in C++ first.

I know you have to do alot of reading around the subject but thats programming for you, programmers in general tend to delve deeper into things and tend to find most stuff out for themselves.

Trents Placements are good and they do have some in Games programming, i was talking to Dermot just the other day and he said he had two students at a games programming company in Derby.
Advertisement
He probably means Eurocom. Dermot is a bit weird though. As for reading around the subject - I know what you''re saying, but when it comes down to it, your tuition fees (whether you pay them yourself or not) are supposed to mean you get some tuition, and sadly that is not always the case. (And if one lecturer uses the same notes for 5 years, giving a single lecture a week, what are you getting for your money?)

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost ]
I can see what you are saying m8, luckily i havent experienced it. What year are you in or are you finished?
As I said earlier in the thread, I''m on the 3rd year.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement