UML

Started by
15 comments, last by masonium 22 years, 3 months ago
I haven''t spent much time using it, but Rhapshody was the best UML tool that I could get a demo of. (You have to fill out a form and they mail it to you). It comes with some tutorials on UML and using Rhaphsody as well.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Advertisement
Let me just add..

Visio 2002 is a huge improvement over Visio 2000, I would almost recommend it. (Infact I think I will, coz I haven''t found anything better yet..)

-meZ
I''m with meZmo.
I would second Rhapsody. But I would also second Visio 2k/2k2, and Rational Rose. RR and Rhapsody are geared directly for UML, but Visio is a little funky (although nice for all other diagrams). There is no "perfect" UML tool currently on the market. My only advice is to try out the demos of RR and Rhapsody, and see how you like them. Keep in mind that they''ll cost you an arm and a leg though..in which case, Visio is the best route.

Kevin

Kevin "Khawk" Hawkins
CEO and News Director, GameDev.net
Author, OpenGL Game Programming
Developer Diary

Admin for GameDev.net.

There''s something that I don''t quite understand. Why would a diagramming tool (that only does UML), cost an arm and a leg? What makes it cost that much?
==========================================In a team, you either lead, follow or GET OUT OF THE WAY.
RR and Rhapsody aren''t just diagramming tools. They''re more RAD tools. For instance, Rhapsody generates code for you for various platforms/languages.

Kevin "Khawk" Hawkins
CEO and News Director, GameDev.net
Author, OpenGL Game Programming
Developer Diary

Admin for GameDev.net.

quote:Original post by NuffSaid
Why would a diagramming tool (that only does UML), cost an arm and a leg?

In Rose''s case, you''d have to throw in a virgin and a firstborn too.

Once there was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time is called the Dark Ages.
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement