Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack P

Questions

I had two questions. Thank You. - Does PR allow full support for pixel shaders. Will we be able to do effects like motion blur and all the other things showcased for Geforce 3? - I understand that when skipping from one animation to another, PR does it automatically for you so that the character won''t end up jumping from one position to another in a single frame. What I wanted to know is, is this system good enough to actually design the animations to rely on it? For example, lets say the character is about to do a dance move or something. The character is in standing position. Do we have to make an animation which takes the character from standing position to the beginning of the dance move and then run the dance move. Or, can we just run the dance move while the character is in normal standing position and let PR do it? What I am trying to find out is, is the auto animation system effective enough to actually rely on it for all kinds of situations? Or is it there as more of a safe-proof system where it can be useful when one animation is accidentally interupted by another? Thanks

1. Yes. PR exposes pixel and vertex shaders and does not use a proprietary language, so all new versions (ps 1.4 for example) are supported.

2. You can let PR move between motions. However in some situations you may want to make a transition animation if PR doesn''t give you a nice transition automatically. It probably won''t be a good idea to transitions from a mid-air upside down flip to a crouching position