D3DX maths w/o D3DX?

Started by
5 comments, last by JnZ 22 years, 3 months ago
Where can i find the sources to d3dx or similar sources? All of the functions please! I dont like using d3dx! Edited by - JnZ on January 16, 2002 8:07:48 AM

Advertisement
Many of the matrix functions have diagrams that show how certain parameters were used to get a matrix. Unfortunatly, I havent had much success with these (they were flat out, wrong). There are also many good sources on the net with 3d mathematics stuff.

Z.
[edit]
If I remember correctly, D3D Matrices are transposed, so if you DO find info on the net, you may have to transopse the results to get your matrix to work with D3D.

Edited by - Zaei on January 16, 2002 8:22:36 AM
______________"Evil is Loud"
Any particular reason you don''t like D3DX?
Author, "Real Time Rendering Tricks and Techniques in DirectX", "Focus on Curves and Surfaces", A third book on advanced lighting and materials
I just don''t like using already made up routines. I''d like to do almost everything myself!

And just to see what is the math behind it!

www.drunkenhyena.com

Eric Wright o0Programmer0o

NeXe

My Homepage
Eric Wright o0Programmer0o
The "understand the math" part I understand and applaud.

The "do everything myself" part is confusing. You do realize that D3DX is probably as optimized as you are going to get? plus you have a team of people maintaining, debugging, improving, etc.

As far as understanding the math, look at Foley and van Dam, or even a basic linear algebra textbook (for a start).
Author, "Real Time Rendering Tricks and Techniques in DirectX", "Focus on Curves and Surfaces", A third book on advanced lighting and materials
I don`t like D3DX because it requires me to link with extra libraries I wouldn`t use otherwise. "uuid.lib" isn`t too bad, but I don''t use MSVC and I have to link to msvcrt.lib. That''s despite the fact that all the functions it needs are present in my compilers own runtime library

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement