Linking Error... I'm Stumped

Started by
11 comments, last by tcabe 22 years, 3 months ago
Hi Amadrias,

Its really hard to say what the problem is but I will tell you what I was experiencing.

I have an application that I am working on that has the basic structure to it for a low-level PR application. I wanted to begin using the PR high level engine so I cut/paste the code from the adventure demo.

If I left the file structure intact and did not try to seperate Chris''s original code, it worked fine. However when I tried to restructure it based on my personal preferences with certain routines in certain files and setup all the externs and includes, etc, the program would compile and run, but the result was different. My main problems revolved around user control. Forward went backward, backward went forward and left and right took the camera around in a little circle around the player, but still facing the same direction.

It was very odd. I didn''t change any code, just split it up differently and added the externs and includes. Needless to say, I reworked it yesterday in the same structure Chris had originally and I''m not entirely happy with it but its most likely beyond my current skill level to fix.

Thanks,

Tony
Advertisement
Hi,

if you want, I may help you : just send the code to my email address.

Amadrias
amadrias@hotmail.com
Hi,

Thanks for the offer. I have moved all of the code back into its original form so its not a big problem now, however if I ever experience another such issue, I''d be glad to have you take a look. I''m always in favor of learning more and having a 2nd pair of eyes on the problem.

Tony

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement