• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PowerRender Models questions

This topic is 5877 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have some PRO model questions : 1/ If I export a non textured mesh from 3DSMax 4 and open it within PRO Editor, it works perfectly and I can see the mesh with no problem. Now when I just change SimpleObject example to this file, I can''t see it ? is there any reason ? 2/ What units PRO exporter uses to generate PRO mesh ? I am always asking myself what unit should I use and if it respect the same object size ? Thanks, Amadrias

Advertisement
1. SimpleObject doesn''t set any lights. Try using the DirectionLight example as a starting point instead.

2. PR doesn''t define meaning to units. For example if you make a 100x100x100 cube in MAX (default units), it will store those exact values. What a distance of 100 means in your program is up to you.

1/ Thanks, I supposed that it was a lighting problem...

2/ But if I take your example : a 100 * 100 *100 cube in max. If I setup a camera and place the object in 0,0,0. Will it means that I will have to put the camera at : z - 100 - PR_CAMERA->nearclip ?

Thanks,

Amadrias

• Advertisement