Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crash

Please! Can Someone Point Me To Rpcndr.h Already?

Crash    122
Im begging you guys, Ive installed the 3rd service pack for MSVS 97 to supposedly make it support DX8 but its still requesting a new version of rpcndr.h. Ive read on enough posts on this forum and can clearly see that all I need is an updated version of rpcndr.h. But I dont know where to d/l it from and noone has been willing to tell me yet. So I plead with you guys, I need a lifeline... where can I d/l the latest version of rpcndr.h? Or if no one knows could someone please send me a copy to: boomdabower@hotmail.com Down On My Knees, Crash, "We Must Move Forwards NOT Backwards, Sideways NOT Forwards And Always Twirling Twirling Towards Success." - 2000 "If You Keep Looking Forward Your Gonna End Up Looking Backwards At Yourself Running Sideways!" - 2001

S1CA    1418
What you''re after is the "Windows Platform SDK" - it can be downloaded (BIG download) from somewhere on msdn.microsoft.com. You can also order a copy on CD for a very low price IIRC.

It''s *very* likely that you''ll need more than just that header file to make things work properly under MSVC 5 since the newest versions of DX (e.g. DX8.1) have dropped Windows 95 support (and the version of the platform SDK you have only has headers & libs for Win95).

If at all possible, upgrade to MSVC 6 - less bugs, and the very handy intellisense/autocomplete (I don''t know how I could live without that - I even use the MSVC IDE for GameCube & PS2 work [albeit with ProDG too] because of its niceness).

I''m pretty certain most official MSVC resellers do very good upgrade deals (they also used to do really good ones if you were considering moving from a different compiler)

--
Simon O''''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

S1CA    1418
Something which might work until you upgrade your MSVC/Platform SDK is every place you see a #include "windows.h", just before that line, put:

#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN

AFAICT DirectX doesn''t require any of the Remote Procedure Call stuff anyway - defining that symbol stops the compilation of any less commonly used headers for the Win32 API (including the RPC stuff).

--
Simon O''''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com