Student Version of 3dsMax R4?

Started by
9 comments, last by Promit 22 years, 3 months ago
I was wondering if there is a student version of 3DS Max release 4 out, and how much it costs. Anyone know? ANd what are the threads attached? NO i dont want GMax. ----------------------------- The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Advertisement
www.creationengine.com or www.journeyed.com is where you can find the student versions. I think they are priced at $899.99
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
I think they are priced at $899.99

a student with $900?
jeez, i must be underprivileged...

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
quote:Original post by Promit
ANd what are the threads attached?

IIRC, you may not sell (or in other ways commercially use) the artwork/models/whatever you produce with the student version.
...and then people wonder why 3DSMax is one of the most pirated pieces of software in the world.
They''re releasing Maya Learning for free though

But if you''re only after MAX that might not help much.

-Mezz
Well considering the standard edition of max sells at $3,500.00 $899.99 is pretty much a bargin. That''s almost 75% off the list price...
Is it possible to use the student version of Maya commercially?
...I don''t have 900 USD. I think i better get that free version of Maya though.

In other news, 100,000 people in two months have not been able to hack the GMAX file format. Amazing guys at Discreet...

-----------------------------
The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
...Then the smart people download the tempest add on for gmax, export as md3, then edit in Milkshape... -.-

Z.
______________"Evil is Loud"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement