Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

laotzu

Problem passing function as parameter

I have some code here in a class CWorld, that goes... ... bool CWorld::bInitServer() { ... m_hListenThread = CreateThread(NULL, NULL, (LPTHREAD_START_ROUTINE)&vListenThread, NULL, NULL, &m_dwListenThreadID); ... } //Thread to listen for new connections void CWorld::vListenThread() { ... The error I get is that it says ''error C2276: ''&'' : illegal operation on bound member function expression'' on the third parameter of the CreateThread function. As I understood it, the &vListenThread returned the address of that function, which is then casted into a pointer to a THREAD_START_ROUTINE, so I don''t understand what the error is and can''t figure it out. If anyone can help I''d be very appreciative. Thank you, -lao

no, the name of the function is the address of the function. "vListenThread". furthermore "CreateThread" does not accept functions of type "__thiscall".

which i guess wouldn''t make it a function, but a method.

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.