source code?

Started by
17 comments, last by death_jester 22 years, 2 months ago
Stuffit Extractor from Aladdin Systems.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
Advertisement
Or Maczip, hehe
I downloaded maczip,now how do i get that source code to work?i have no clue how to work this thing.
Well, I don''t have a mac so I don''t know for sure...

but if you do a quick search on google for ''using maczip'', it looks like it turns up how to do just that.
Use maczip to extract the files inside the archive. You might have to download the archive again. If the file opened up inside your web browser and you saved it from there, you''ll have to download it again since it will now be text instead of binary.

Once you''ve successfully unpacked the archive, open the source code with an ide (integrated development environment) and have at it. Try compiling it and see what kinds of errors the compiler spits out. These are called "compile time" errors. Try fixing them, then compile again. Hopefully you''ll eventually get the sources to compile without errors.

Then you''ll have to try running the resulting program. Any errors manifesting here are called "runtime" errors - also known as "bugs".

From here you''re on your own.

‘But truth's a menace, science a public danger.’ Brave New World, Aldous Huxley
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
archive?whats that?
no offense, but maybe you should learn the basics of using your computer before you try and modify SOURCE CODE!

I know this is the for begginners forum, but this is just ridiculous
"Luck is for people without skill."- Robert (I Want My Island)"Real men eat food that felt pain before it died."- Me
quote:Original post by black_mage_s
no offense, but maybe you should learn the basics of using your computer before you try and modify SOURCE CODE!

I know this is the for begginners forum, but this is just ridiculous

you took the words out of my mouth.

> Then you''ll have to try running the resulting program. Any errors manifesting here are called "runtime" errors - also known as "bugs".

Seeing the coding style of some people, I think the word ''bug'' can definitely also be applied to source code, wether it compiles or not...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement