Problem.

Started by
16 comments, last by Lugie 22 years, 3 months ago
You should not have your paint message like:

WM_PAINT:
return 0;

The window will not be repainted unless you call BeginPaint and
EndPaint or(validateRect). Windows will just send multiple paint messages!!! You should atleast declare WM_PAINT as:

WM_PAINT:
BeginPaint(hwnd,&ps);
EndPaint(hwnd, &ps);
return 0;

-----------------------------
"There are ones that say they can and there are those who actually do."

"...u can not learn programming in a class, you have to learn it on your own."

-----------------------------"There are ones that say they can and there are those who actually do.""...u can not learn programming in a class, you have to learn it on your own."
Advertisement
You should not have your paint message like:

WM_PAINT:
return 0;

The window will not be repainted unless you call BeginPaint and
EndPaint or(validateRect). Windows will just send multiple paint messages!!! You should atleast declare WM_PAINT as:

WM_PAINT:
BeginPaint(hwnd,&ps);
EndPaint(hwnd, &ps);
return 0;

-----------------------------
"There are ones that say they can and there are those who actually do."

"...u can not learn programming in a class, you have to learn it on your own."

-----------------------------"There are ones that say they can and there are those who actually do.""...u can not learn programming in a class, you have to learn it on your own."
hmph. static text troubles me. are there any other ways of putting text on a window? and so it isnt bold looking like static text is?
War is how Americans learn geography.
Send the static text a new font to use if you don''t like the default one. See CreateFont and WM_SETFONT.

i really cant get this to work. i put in the codes with all the right params set, and i keep getting these syntax errors. i dont know if im putting them in the wrong place, or what. could somebody please take me step through step how to accually set it so the background of the child window is transparent and how to change the font to something more appealing? ive "RTFM", its just that its not explained very well to a beginner how to use some of the functions really.
anybody? if somebody just explained it once to me i''d get it.
sigh... thanks anyways?
la la la... ill just sit here and talk to myself then

so, how was you''re day?

well me, it blew dogs for quarters.

oh, whys that?

well everybody hates me on the gamedev.net forums and they wont help me out with my static text problems/questions!

oh that sucks.

sure does!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement