• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beginners Q's

This topic is 5843 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I read through the "For Beginners", and searched through the Forums, but I still can''t find what I''m looking for. I have some C, C++ background, and for the longest time I''ve wanted to duplicate old classics like Galaga or Defender...even a Pong!! I have books on C++ and even Gaming Guru''s Secret Book that covers DirectX (dont understand it though) Where can I find info on sratching the surface on game programming (pong)? What books or sites? Thanks.

Advertisement
Have you been to the "start here" part of this site? start here. For sites, your at the best one you can find. Dig through the tutorial section for some good stuff. For books, I''d recommend "Windows Game Programming For Dummies" by Andre Lamothe. It''s what I got started with, and is one of the best references for DirecX Game Programming. Good luck.

[shameless_plug]
You might want to check out CDX. It''s a nice C++ class library for DX7. It''s 2D only, but it''ll get you going and some very nice examples. It even has a AppWizard to help you make the projects. You can find it at http://www.cdxlib.com/. Enjoy
[/shameless_plug]

Always remember, you''''re unique. Just like everyone else.

• Advertisement