Beginners Q's

Started by
1 comment, last by bdmst16 22 years, 2 months ago
Hi all, I read through the "For Beginners", and searched through the Forums, but I still can''t find what I''m looking for. I have some C, C++ background, and for the longest time I''ve wanted to duplicate old classics like Galaga or Defender...even a Pong!! I have books on C++ and even Gaming Guru''s Secret Book that covers DirectX (dont understand it though) Where can I find info on sratching the surface on game programming (pong)? What books or sites? Thanks.
Advertisement
Have you been to the "start here" part of this site? start here. For sites, your at the best one you can find. Dig through the tutorial section for some good stuff. For books, I''d recommend "Windows Game Programming For Dummies" by Andre Lamothe. It''s what I got started with, and is one of the best references for DirecX Game Programming. Good luck.
[shameless_plug]
You might want to check out CDX. It''s a nice C++ class library for DX7. It''s 2D only, but it''ll get you going and some very nice examples. It even has a AppWizard to help you make the projects. You can find it at http://www.cdxlib.com/. Enjoy
[/shameless_plug]

Always remember, you''''re unique. Just like everyone else.
Always remember, you''re unique. Just like everyone else.Greven

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement