Help - Some Advice would be welcome

Started by
2 comments, last by Eaviermetal 22 years, 2 months ago
Hi found this site and registered, I hope you guys can help me out. I am a graphics designer mainly 3D stuff. I have a collection of graphics that I am compiling that are isometric and have been rendered from 16 angles around 360deg. The content for my project is a little sensative but suffice it to say I am intending to create a point n click stratagy game, ala Starcraft. So with all these great sprites sorted I thought it would be good to get some help on the engine (duh! I knew I forgot something) I have exp, of VB to a high'ish level and had hoped to use it to create the engine. Please could you advise etc. The end product is intended to be sold/licensed/whatever to a company that are really interested if I can get a working demo. so please if you can help point me in the right direction or would like to get involved.... thanks. Luke \\(';') <]©[> Edited by - EavierMetal on January 29, 2002 12:27:53 PM Edited by - Eaviermetal on January 29, 2002 12:31:04 PM
('';'')<]©[>
Advertisement
A graphics designer who knows VB...k...lemme think

What exactly do you want to write? There are lots of tutorials on many things here, just look at them.

If you want to write something based on an existing graphics engine, get Revolution3D www.revolution3d.com. THats probably the best engine to use in VB.

-----------------------------
The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
I am working on a C++ Isometric Engine of my own, and it so happens that I have a map editor working (but still alpha) but no good tiles, so I guess we are the oposite, I would like to see an example of your tiles, we could work out a deal or join forces for a RTS project (my personal project is RPG, but the engine should work for RTS).

contact me if you are interested.

Although I stated above that I have a good knowledge of VB I only stated this to show that I have a good understanding of the programming process.

I am more interested in the delivery of the sprites and tiles etc as well as cgi for the games cut sequences, which I have plenty of knowledge and experiance indoing. The thing is I do not have the required skills to deliver the engine for this essentially 2D game, though I do have the mathematics for calculating movement, ranges etc already written out.

I was hoping to track down a handful of skilled people who could fill in the holes so to speak.

Also you guys have been doing this for a lot longer and are more aware of pitfalls etc which I hoped you could point out before I fall foul of them.

Yours respectfully

Luke Martyn
indiGLOW Games Dev.
('';'')<]©[>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement