Common files framework??

Started by
3 comments, last by Nacho 22 years, 2 months ago
Hi! I´ve already posted this question, but nobody has replied yet =(. Ok, here it is again: I´m reading Beggining Direct3D Game Programming and the author explains all the sample programs based on the common files framework, whereas the author of the Zen of Direct3D Game programming doesn´t. Which method should I use then? Thanks!!
Advertisement
From what I have read (not experience mind you...) The application framework is good for a test run. If you make your game with it, it''s not a good idea to release it like that. It''s slow and has problems that a regular game wouldn''t want. Now remember, this is not experience. I personally don''t like all the stuff that the frame work does. I like to have some control over the little stuff

Always remember, you''''re unique. Just like everyone else.
Always remember, you''re unique. Just like everyone else.Greven
TO be perfectly honest, i bought both books and rewrote all the Zen programs to run using the Common files and techniques used in Beginning.

The common files are quite nice, but be sure you know what is going on underneath, and feel free to modify it.

-----------------------------
The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Ok, pretty interesting, I think I´ll stick to the common files framework for a while. Do you know which method does Microsoft recommend?
I''m pretty sure Microsoft wants you to eat bleach and die. Their SDK is powerfull, usefull, and mindboglingly unnececarily complicated and does not even look like normal code... they dont tell you to use anything, they think everyone speaks Microsoft and can understand every function in DX at first glance. Stick to what works, and change it if you need to, good luck!
"I want to make a simple MMORPG first" - Fenryl

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement