PC magazines CD

Started by
2 comments, last by Smile 22 years, 2 months ago
Is it a good idea to mail editors (or someone else) of various PC magazines and ask them to put your shareware game on their CD''s? If someone has experience with this stuff I hope you can help me (cliffski maybe).
Advertisement
Somebody get Jester101.
My opinion: yes, it''s a good idea.

-----
This is a link to my site.
No, really.
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
Sure, go ahead and do it. make sure your game is as good as the other shareware games you see on the CDs first though. And make sure its totally bug free. Ive got several cover disk placements this way.
Dont expect to be paid for it though

http://www.positech.co.uk
*dust clears*
Someone called me?

Well, I have to admit I had a friend who made the initial contact to three magazines. Luckily they were immidiately hooked by the game.

Maybe this is a good place - although its still a bit early - to inform all that my company will most likely become a LLC soon and I then offer publishing (online + magazines) opportunities for some (few) games. If you are interested, you can already email me. Notice though that I will need exclusive online publishing rights and non-exclusive physical publishing rights.

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement