Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

olimedcas

Please!! A game sample in visual basic that uses a joystick (direct Input)

olimedcas    122
I have to make a little application in visual basic with a joystick. It has to work like in a game (increasing-decreasing the speed, etc..). I am a very bad programmer and I´d like some code as a sample, Thanks!!!

siaspete    208
The best thing would be to check the DirectInput documentation. If you do not have this yourself, then it can be downloaded for free from the Microsoft DirectX site.

Also, if you are unable to write the joystick code by yourself now, then chances are as soon as you have finished copying that code from someone else, you''ll post on here looking for someone to write graphics code for you.

I don''t know about anyone else, but I will not help someone unless they show initiative to help themselves.

Don''t copy - learn.

olimedcas    122
I know, and you are right. Anyway, you know that is very easy learning something throug examples. I don´t want to copy exactly, just have different ideas and then, try to develop something by myself.
Thanks,
quote:
Original post by siaspete
The best thing would be to check the DirectInput documentation. If you do not have this yourself, then it can be downloaded for free from the Microsoft DirectX site.

Also, if you are unable to write the joystick code by yourself now, then chances are as soon as you have finished copying that code from someone else, you''ll post on here looking for someone to write graphics code for you.

I don''t know about anyone else, but I will not help someone unless they show initiative to help themselves.

Don''t copy - learn.