is a volleyball sim game interesting?

Started by
12 comments, last by FloMa 22 years, 2 months ago
one of my friends just asked me why there are no volleyball sims out there. so I just wanted to ask if there is any interest at all? I mean there is baskedball, soccer, football, ... but no volleyball ... give me your thoughts about it please
Advertisement
If you can make it fun, then yes it can. Vollyball isn''t that popular, so you''ll have to do better then a game of comprable quality in a different sport. Honestly, I most likely wouldn''t be interested.

- Kevin "BaShildy" King
Game Programmer: DigiPen
www.mpogd.com
- Kevin "BaShildy" KingGame Programmer: DigiPenwww.mpogd.com
true, but what is so interesting in football or soccergames, there is nothing realy special in them, isn''t it?
I''ve played a volleyball simulator. It was awful.
"If you go into enough detail, everything becomes circular reasoning." - Captain Insanity
Doesn''t anybody remember Super Spike V-Ball for the NES? Great game!

Volleyball sims aren''t popular here because volleyball isn''t popular. The only reason there are soccer sims every year is because of the huge international audience for it; volleyball is more of a niche sport.

Hey, there''s no handball, javelin, pole vault, long distance or synchronized swimming sims either (with the exception of Konami''s Winter Games, or something like that, and the classic Track and Field).

You want it, you make it.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
ONce I thought of making a hack sack simulator with rotateable camera views and you can pick different places to play like in zero grav and stuff. oh wait that''s nto true it wasn''t my idea, it was someone elses, the point is that hacksack simulator.
0wn3d j00 www.10six.com
Hurray for Super Spike V-Ball!!!

''I sure could use a vacation from this bullshit three ring circus sideshow of freaks...'' - TOOL
[TheBlackJester]

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been." - Maynard James Keenan Name: [email=darkswordtbj@hotmail.com]TheBlackJester[/email]Team: Wildfire Games
Projects O A.D.The Last Alliance

I''ll try to do my best ...

just started to write some things down and having the first problems, but I''ll figure that out ... hopefully
there is always ther potential o high sell alue. I don''t think these sport games sell much which is why they release so many by the same companioes using the same graphics. SO maybe you''ll have less than the little sell value or more than the little sell value, overall I odn''t think sport games are worth making because you can just go out and play sports andway, but you can''t just go out into a secluded mansion and blow heads of zombies everyday.
0wn3d j00 www.10six.com
quote:Original post by Kinmii
...overall I don''t think sport games are worth making because you can just go out and play sports andway...

You''re obviously not familiar with the generally unhealthy pallor of (die-hard) video game players. Plus, in a sports video game you can do spectacularly athletic or skillful things that you can''t do in real life.

Case in point: I haven''t dunked a basketball in 3 years. Thank God for NBA Live, much as it sucks.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement