TOTWGPG problem

Started by
2 comments, last by Sir_Spritely 22 years, 2 months ago
I have a blank DirectX screen setup waiting for the actual game code to be added. What I''m confused about is, I''m now using the T3DLIB1,2 and 3 modules created with the book. Only thing is I''m confused as too what to include in the main program.cpp and what not to? Example I am adding a bitmap to the main program, do I need all the code I used in the early bitmap loading tutorials in chapter 7 or not, if so what do I need to include and not include? Once I can grasp the concept I''ll be right with everything else, I think. Thanks, Paul.
Advertisement
The bitmap loading functions he showed in Chapter 7 are part of his library. If you look in Chapter 8, it has a reference for each the functions he created. I found that all his stuff was more complicated than necessary. For easier bitmap loading, you can go here. This one is way easier, because it uses the Win32 API to load the bitmap. You don''t even have to understand the Win32 API. Just copy the function, pass your DirectDraw surface and give it a file name. That''s it. Later when you have a better grasp of things, you will understand the funciton better.

---
Make it work.
Make it fast.

"Commmmpuuuuterrrr.." --Scotty Star Trek IV:The Voyage Home
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]
Hey,

I have looked at the stuff in Chapter 8 but can''t figure out which to use. and where to put it.

I am familiar with standard c++ functions but trying to seperate what stuff is in the library modules and what stuff should be put in the actual game.cpp program is confusing.
If you''re unsure where to put it, just check out the code on the CD and follow that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement