Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New to PR, have misc questions

This topic is 5801 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just downloaded it yesterday, so i havent looked through it too thouroughly, but i have a few questions: I get a curious link warning with the samples. It mentions a LIBC conflict and tells me to use /NODEFUALTLIB:library. I assume this is a linker setting, but what exactly does it mean? When i exit the samples, sometimes i fall into very strange resolutions. THe worst one yesterday was 160 pixels wide. Is there any specific cause for this? I also have a couple questions about the engine structure: There are two things: PR_Object and PR_Entity. From what i understand, PR_Entity is one for each thing in the world, a 1:1 ratio. PR_Object defines a single mesh. I could have a tree PR_Object for example, and create 500 PR_Entities from it, correct? PR_Camera is not limited to just one, right? I can have mutliple cameras at different locs with one active camera at any point in time. ANd Those can be switched pretty quickly as well, right? Finally, I think that water is too reflective. How can i decrease reflectivity, ie make a "murky water" effect? DO i apply some sort of blended texture to it? ----------------------------- The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence.