Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LNK4089

This topic is 5795 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Up until 3 days ago my code would compile without error. Now everytime I compile I get LNK4089 errors for ddraw.dll and dinput.dll Here is the linker output.
quote:
Deleting intermediate files and output files for project ''Warbird - Win32 Release''. --------------------Configuration: Warbird - Win32 Release-------------------- Compiling resources... Compiling... dxdraw.cpp dxinput.cpp font.cpp genericsprite.cpp graphics.cpp mainwindow.cpp utility.cpp vector.cpp warbird.cpp Linking... LINK : warning LNK4089: all references to "DDRAW.dll" discarded by /OPT:REF LINK : warning LNK4089: all references to "DINPUT.dll" discarded by /OPT:REF Warbird.exe - 0 error(s), 2 warning(s)
Any ideas what''s wrong? ~mse61 "Today UNIX command is: exop - execute operator" ICQ: 122419859 AIM: ThePhantomTIE e-mail: randlem@bgnet.bgsu.edu

I already know what a LNK4089 error means. What I need to know is what causes one with ddraw.dll and dinput.dll.

~mse61

"Today UNIX command is: exop - execute operator"

AIM: ThePhantomTIE
e-mail: randlem@bgnet.bgsu.edu

The docs say the linker determines that no code from them is needed, and therefore excludes them from the build process. Does your executable work fine? Then what''s the problem?

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!