Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vbisme

Dual Monitor Debugging

How do I setup dual monitor debuggin? I have 2 monitors with extendend desktops. However, when I run a full screen game, it came a clone.

quote:
Original post by vbisme
How do I setup dual monitor debuggin? I have 2 monitors with extendend desktops. However, when I run a full screen game, it came a clone.

If you ara working with directx, look for the control panel, the directx icon, in the directdraw section, advanced setting and check the option of enable multi monitor debugging.

Actually it kinda works, but the full screen games over takes the screen so I couldn''t see the development or debug window. I''m using the Radeon 7500 video card by the way.

What do you mean overtakes the screen? You mean both monitors? Your full screen app should be on one monitor, then before you debug you drag your debugger (ie. Visual C++) over to the other monitor. When you hit a breakpoint, the game should stop and you will gain control of the mouse again so you can use the debugger.

Edited by - Big Sassy on January 30, 2002 5:08:35 PM

Normally I have both monitors in extendend desktop mode. However, when I run a fullscreen game it takes over both monitors as "clone mode." I still have control of the mouse and everything and still have control of the Start menu, taskbar and such, but I can''t see active windows because the game takes up the screen in both monitor as clone.