Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problem with particles showing up in particle system

This topic is 5799 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am making a particles system, but I am having trouble getting the particles on the screen. I just get a black screen(black is my clear color). I would like my particle system to be in the middle of the screen (0, 0, 0). I set gluLookAt set to gluLookAt( 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0); I am doing no transformations, translations, or rotations, except for when i move the particle from its emitting point. I am making my project full screen for a resolution of 1024x768x32. I would like to know how big the screen is in opengl units. How much does a unit represent? Are there anyother properties i am missing for emitting particles from the origin? Thanks in advance. Edited by - executor_2k2 on January 29, 2002 8:02:38 PM

Well, firstly I have no experience with gluLookAt - from what I''ve heard (and seen), its slow, bulky, and ungainly - what I normally do is just do reverse translation, but that aside...

If your particle system is set to 0,0,0 you probably won''t see anything unless you back off a bit, so try translating out (0,0,-4) or something first.

Also, what is your Begin/End code for drawing the particles. Have you got face culling turned on or something?

--Samah