Problem with particles showing up in particle system

Started by
2 comments, last by executor_2k2 22 years, 2 months ago
I am making a particles system, but I am having trouble getting the particles on the screen. I just get a black screen(black is my clear color). I would like my particle system to be in the middle of the screen (0, 0, 0). I set gluLookAt set to gluLookAt( 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0); I am doing no transformations, translations, or rotations, except for when i move the particle from its emitting point. I am making my project full screen for a resolution of 1024x768x32. I would like to know how big the screen is in opengl units. How much does a unit represent? Are there anyother properties i am missing for emitting particles from the origin? Thanks in advance. Edited by - executor_2k2 on January 29, 2002 8:02:38 PM
Well, that was a waste of 2 minutes of my life. Now I have to code faster to get 'em back...
Advertisement
Well, firstly I have no experience with gluLookAt - from what I''ve heard (and seen), its slow, bulky, and ungainly - what I normally do is just do reverse translation, but that aside...

If your particle system is set to 0,0,0 you probably won''t see anything unless you back off a bit, so try translating out (0,0,-4) or something first.

Also, what is your Begin/End code for drawing the particles. Have you got face culling turned on or something?

--Samah
Yeah face culling was the wrong way. Thanks
Well, that was a waste of 2 minutes of my life. Now I have to code faster to get 'em back...
No probs

--Samah

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement