Fighting game

Started by
12 comments, last by Drcrs 22 years, 2 months ago
Dharma:

dont you render from back to front? But, your game is like Street Fighter "only 2d" or like Double Dragon "3d" ?

If it is "3d", how you render in order the sprites?

Dr CRS
Dr Crs
Advertisement
Drcrs

My game was 2D. For all the bg stuff I used "back to front", but for the fighting characters I did use the above technique wich I find simple and efficient enough in this case.

Play around with some of the ideas. I''m sure you''ll find an easy way of implementing a combination of the techniques mentioned in this thread.

Good luck.
Warm regardsMario..
For my 2D scroller I found that if you make the bounding box slightly smaller than the sprite (say, around the main body), it can look pretty realistic. If the box surrounds the entire sprite, sometimes a collision is detected even though the sprite itself isn''t actually hit. This can be especially true for an irregular sprite.

Cheers,
Prime

I am sorry for my bad understanding in english here, or maybe I was a sleep while posting.

Of course I used "back to front". What I was trying to say was, in my game I draw the sprites sorted by Y for all the bg-stuff, but the fighting characters by what animation/kick/punch being used.

Sorry!

Warm regards
Mario..
Warm regardsMario..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement