Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HBRUSH casting problem

This topic is 5797 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am learning C++. I was making a win32 program in VC++ 6.0 introductory edition, when I built/compiled the program I got several errors, this is the only one I couldn't figure out. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\awindow1\awindow.cpp(61) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *' to 'struct HBRUSH__ *' Conversion from 'void*' to pointer to non-'void' requires an explicit cast winclass.hbrBackground = GetStockObject(BLACK_BRUSH);
the Particle Projection Cannon fires a shimmering blue bolt, much like a cross between lightning and a sine wave that ripples along its path. Edited by - felisandria on January 30, 2002 3:53:52 PM

Guest Anonymous Poster
I think you got to cast it with (HBRUSH). So..

winclass.hbrBackground = (HBRUSH)GetStockObject(BLACK_BRUSH);

after a little searching I found that it was a typo which was fixed in the demo on the CD but not in the book! Thanks!

PS- did some one change the title of my thread? not that I mind, it just confused me for a short while.

the Particle Projection Cannon fires a shimmering blue bolt, much like a cross between lightning and a sine wave that ripples along its path.