NeHe Game Tutorial

Started by
6 comments, last by alex_r 22 years, 2 months ago
In NeHe game tutorial, he use a .MD2, how I can export my 3DSMAX4.2 to this file??? Alexandre R. de Sá Alexandre R. de Sá
Advertisement
I think Milkshape3d can inport 3dsmax files and export MD2 files, you should look into that.
There''s also a program i cam across awhile ago called 3D Exploration. It had all sorts of import/export features. Couldn''t tell you if it does 3ds to md2 though.

------------------------------------------------------------
Email
Website

"If you try and don''t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."
------------------------------------------------------------
Anozireth is right, milkshape can import from 3dsmax.
They way it should be done is this way:
You first make your model(eg: 3dsmax) and export it into *.ASC, after that you load your Milkshape app, and import the 3dsmax *.ASC file into it. Then you set up your bones/skeleton or whatever, you can also just use one single bone and attach it to all the vertexes of your model. This is called "Joints" in milkshape. After you''ve done this you export this into Quake 2 Md2 format. But remember, you have to have a control(*.qc) file in the folder you export it into. An example of this .qc file can be found in Milkshape i think..
The qc file contains information about keyframes and stuff like that..
If you have problems with this, I think you should look up md2 in some Quake2 community. Or if that doesnt help you can mail me.. It''s not that hard, good luck =)

Kenneth Wilhelmsen
Try my little 3D Engine project, and mail me the FPS. WEngine
Or just visit my site
--------------------------
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has
been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This
disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless
brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder
hehe.. your engine got a major problem. move by a time-accelerated value ! on my computer i have 2FPS and i move very slow

Edited by - BB_CY4N1D3 on January 31, 2002 7:35:10 AM
----
Were I find this Milkshape???

Alexandre R. de Sá
on www.google.com
BB_CY4N1D3.. Oh?? Cool! Well, Could you please present me your pc''s specifications then? I''ve experienced this on some pc''s and I''m not quite sure why this happens. Ie: this often happens on pc''s with Voodoo gfx cards. well, to be honest not only on voodoo and stuff like that. I had the problem on a State-of-the-art machine.. It was with a p4@whatever with a geforce 6800.. I changed the gfx card into a geforce3 and it ran perfectly.. Still no clue why it''s happening, not that it matters so much because the Engine is pretty much on ice at the moment. I''ve began another Engine which is totally different than WEngine.

Kenneth Wilhelmsen
Try my little 3D Engine project, and mail me the FPS. WEngine
Or just visit my site
--------------------------
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has
been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This
disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless
brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement