The amazing, dissapearing mouse!

Started by
3 comments, last by Blue*Omega 22 years, 2 months ago
This is strange. Whenever I try and put my mouse over ANY DirectX window, my mouse dissapears. It''s like it goes beneath the window. This happens with all the examples that microsoft did too, including ones that you need to use the mouse for! My current video card is ATI 128 or something like that. Any ideas on how to get the mouse to come out of hiding? ----------------------------- Vash the Stampede "Love & Peace!"
// Tojiart
Advertisement
If you''re using directinput, it should do that. it does that for me to. if you want a cursor, you need to use one of the win32 functions to get the position and then draw it onto the screen. or maybe you could use a function such as ShowCursor(hwnd, true) if the function exists. I don''t know if it exists.

[Edited by - kmsixpence on October 17, 2005 7:07:40 PM]
No good, even with DI compltely disabled the mouse still is gone.

-----------------------------

Vash the Stampede

"Love & Peace!"
// Tojiart
are you also sure that the app did not hide the mouse? try looking for ShowCursor()
When in exclusive mode for a device, windows is no longer able to gain its position. A mouse is nearly always used in exclusive mode, so that means windows is then able to get its position, and thus unable to draw the cursor.
There are three posible solutions (of many):
1. Don''t use directInput (unlikely )
2. Process the WM_ACTIVATE messages, and if being deactivated, unaquire the mouse, and if being activated, acquire it. Also make sure to reacquire on an error DIERR_INPUTLOST, which can come from GetData.
3. Draw your own cursor using ddraw or whatever.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement