Anyone have an Idea for a 2D game?

Started by
9 comments, last by shadowman13131 22 years, 2 months ago
Hi, I''m stumped. I want to make a 2d game for a computer course i have this semester, but I have no clue what genre or type to do.. Any suggestions? I would do a 3d game but the school''s computers aren''t... well... up to par... heh.
Advertisement
yeah make a cdogs (cyber dogs) clone. That game rocked.
Look it up on google...heck i''ll do it for you.. one sec..
ahh here''s the link
If you want to get "inspired" as you enter this project, think of what really interests you. If you like exploring new areas, make a sidescroller. If you like strategy, make a board/puzzle game. If you like good''ole arcade fun, make a simple shooter. If there is a video game you really liked, think of how it would look, if it was a 2d game.

---email--- Tok ----surf----
~The Feature Creep of the Family~
--------------------------~The Feature Creep of the Family~
Yeah, I agree with the above poster, CDogs is one of those 2D games that I loved in the olden days. If I was to make a 2D game I''d definatly make a CDogs clone because that game was so fun for me. You need to find a game that''s simple but you loved so you''ll be motivated to finish it.
This is what I do in this situation. Reminds me of when we had to do some artistic "Oddysey" or journey, using skills that we knew. NOw, I was gonna make a computer game on making a computer game for my oddysey project if that makes sense. Now, what my friend did, is he made a guitar song about making the guitar song for the project. So make a computer game about making a computer game, include your teacher and everything.

Sponge Factory
--Muzlack
--Muzlack
I never liked cyber dogs, i found the playability to be very low. I like puzzle games, like blocks (ok, i made it, but it was several years ago).

/john
AAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Odyssey it the name of my game
Hi!

Take a look at the abandonware. You''ll find a lot of ideas, some more easy to do, and some very hard. By example, I remember "Dig Dug" was one of my favourites games. Why don''t you make a clone/a remake? It''s only a suggestion, of course. I remember also "Donkey Kong", "Lode Runner", "Mario and Luigi" and the "Super Mario" series, "Bomber Man", "Boulder Dash", "Prince of Persia", etc...

Konami Software made a lot of games for MSX computers between 1983 and 1986 (and after). All of them are great 2D games. You can download an emulator and the ROMs and get inspired to make your own 2D game.

More actually (we''re not living in the past!) GameBoy has thousands of 2D Games. Another source of inspiration.

Nothing more.
Goodby(t)e!

theNestruo

Syntax error in 2410
Ok
theNestruoSyntax error in 2410Ok
Boulder dash was fine. Ever tryed Jetpack? Was a kickass game.
;-)
Obviously you should try to make a game that is exactly like Q3A, but 2D. I tried doing this in a game called "rampage". This game would have been much shafty, but it was my first game, and was not written well, so I had to give it up.

Proceeding on a brutal rampage is the obvious choice.
___________________________________________________________Where to find the intensity (Updated Dec 28, 2004)Member of UBAAG (Unban aftermath Association of Gamedev)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement