Wow...

Started by
4 comments, last by Kandolo 22 years, 2 months ago
I finally had a meeting with the head of the MIME program here at IU (Masters in Immersive Mediated Environments). Found out a lot of stuff. First of all, remember that question about needing to draw to be a 3d artist? Turns out, from what he told me, employers first look at drawing ability almost first and foremost. "You can teach an artist technology but you can''t teach a technologist art". Also, lol, I tried telling him that I was looking for a better program than "Crummy old rhino 3d" and he informed me that it is now the industry standard and probably one of the best modelers out there... whoops! But all in all, yeah... I guess I''m going to continue using rhino and I''m going to take some drawing courses now. Greaaat... oh well. LOL Also, does anyone here know of the role of video editing 3d art movies? like, with special effects and stuff. I''m considering an individualized major in 3d Art and Animation Post Production
- T. Wade Murphy
Advertisement
Hey rock on man!
I'm from your neck of the woods
If you want to take that 3d Art and Animation major....do it at IU.
I'd love to take it myself.
Anyway, my old lady works there, and her boss's son (follow that?) took a 3D animation program at IU.
He landed an internship at the Skywalker Ranch (right name?) and then got a full time job at Industrial Light and Magic.
They must be doing something right at that school.

Edited by - wolfmanyoda on January 30, 2002 11:55:52 PM
Yeah, their MIME program places nearly every person into a very large corporation making a lot of money. The program is for anyone with skills in Writing, Music Composition, or Art backed up by creativity. Its actually a grad program though. I''m still looking at undergrad

And there actually is no 3d program here. If you want to do that, you have to do an individualized major. Cuz the fine arts department focuses on modeling, and the telecom department skims over modeling and focuses on animation... LOL

Kinda crazy. I guess why it works so much is that the program focuses on independent study... So most of what you learn is on your own with your sponsor.

So, you live in bloomington?
- Tommy
- T. Wade Murphy
We talking about Cali?
Not cali, indiana

I don''t live in bloomington, I''m in a fly-speck town inbetween muncie and anderson.

I do like to go to bloomington for all the caves, though

So, I''m assuming you do art?

Email me sometime at twmurphy@indiana.edu, we ought to collaborate on something sometime.

- Tommy
- T. Wade Murphy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement