• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Impz0r

Direct-input Mouse coords how subdue?!

This topic is 6017 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, I''m working current on a Direct3d based GUI and i use Direct-input for all the input exercises. So every GUI control has is own coordinates (sure *g*), so and wenn i would get the mouse coordinates, i became the relative distance from the last coordiante, fine, but how can i become the real cordinates, that i need to find out, whether the mouse is over some control or not. And a second problems came across, when i run my application in windowe mode, the coordinates matched not at all. What should i do, or better what did i wrong *g* Thanks alot... Mfg Impz0r

Advertisement
Well, I suppose you draw your own cursor so why not just
use a structure like this:

struct
{
int x, y,
dx, dy;
float fac;
} sMouse;

You initialize sMouse.x and sMouse.y with whatever values you
want and update them according to dx and dy:

sMouse.x += (int)((sMouse.dx * fac) + 1.0f);
sMouse.y += (int)((sMouse.dy * fac) + 1.0f);

This not only allows you to "lock" the mouse at your wish by
clipping x and y, you also can achieve different mouse
velocities.

hi, thank your for your replay *g*
Is there a way to notice if the cursor over the current app window, and set then the cursor per Direct-Input to default position?! or better reset the Diret-Input values such a thing :D ?!

Thanks alot...

Mfg Impz0r

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!