Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANSI C++

This topic is 5797 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Thank you Null and Void!! But I have a question now!

Does the page you told is about ANSI or C++ Standard Library?

Because it looks very strange that ANSI C++ have only 5 includes:
stdio.h, stdlib.h, string.h, time.h and math.h??

Thank you!

Huuumm!! I didn''t know that!!!!!

I posted this topic because I''m searching a function ANSI-compatible for reading a directory in C++ (Like FindFirst in delphi of OpenDir in PHP and Turbo C++).

Do you know a function for VisualC++ 6 ANSI-compatible that do that stuff?

Thank you again!!!

no ANSI C function. however, VC++ does have a "_findfirst" function. the leading "_" usually means the function is non ANSI.

anyway, hope this helps.

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.

If you''re going to use non-ANSI functions at least use functions that are part of some standard. The "_findfirst" function (and other such functions) is only going to work in MSVC. If you use the Win32 API then it will at least work in all compilers with the Win32 API (anything that compiles for Windows will). [Self Plug] If you want to look at some example code go to libhfs.sourceforge.net. There''s tons of file system related code in there for both Windows and POSIX platforms.