ANSI C++

Started by
6 comments, last by FERNANDO-BRASIL 22 years, 2 months ago
DO you know a webiste where I could find all the headers and functions of ANSI C++? Thank you guys!
Advertisement
You can look in the C99 Draft, which is freely downloadable, for all of the ANSI C features and libraries. This page has a lot of the standard stuff referenced as well.

Thank you Null and Void!! But I have a question now!

Does the page you told is about ANSI or C++ Standard Library?

Because it looks very strange that ANSI C++ have only 5 includes:
stdio.h, stdlib.h, string.h, time.h and math.h??

Thank you!
That''s ANSI C. ANSI C++ has a whole lot of things that aren''t listed there (why do you think most compilers adhere to the standard poorly? ).

Huuumm!! I didn''t know that!!!!!

I posted this topic because I''m searching a function ANSI-compatible for reading a directory in C++ (Like FindFirst in delphi of OpenDir in PHP and Turbo C++).

Do you know a function for VisualC++ 6 ANSI-compatible that do that stuff?

Thank you again!!!
no ANSI C function. however, VC++ does have a "_findfirst" function. the leading "_" usually means the function is non ANSI.

anyway, hope this helps.

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
Thank you jenova!

I''ll use this function!!! I''ve already searched for this and as you said, I only encountered _findfirst (NON-ANSI)..

Thanks for all your reply guys!! I really enjoyed!
If you''re going to use non-ANSI functions at least use functions that are part of some standard. The "_findfirst" function (and other such functions) is only going to work in MSVC. If you use the Win32 API then it will at least work in all compilers with the Win32 API (anything that compiles for Windows will). [Self Plug] If you want to look at some example code go to libhfs.sourceforge.net. There''s tons of file system related code in there for both Windows and POSIX platforms.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement