AI In XS

Started by
14 comments, last by Great Milenko 22 years, 1 month ago
Go on Dave, you can do it!
Advertisement
heh wow... didn''t expect to see the guy that wrote the AI respond =)

sorry about not replying sooner... it looked like a dead topic the last time I was in here =)

thats realy interesting to know... I was figuring that it was going to be some complex nn cause it realy seemed to learn =) but guess not...

heh anyways thanx for the info =)

PS (dave) heh I would but heh not ready to do any real game... maybe in a few years when I write quake 4 I''ll give you a ring =P
The Great Milenko"Don't stick a pretzel up your ass, it might get stuck in there.""Computer Programming is findding the right wrench to hammer in the correct screw."
Hey Johnny, you should be able to give them some tips with your Carmageddon AI. Especially that impressive util you wrote in Visual Fortran++

Wrong Jonny Steve, although I do agree with you, that was a very impressive util.
quote:Original post by potholer
(Dave Wilson said many cool things...)

Dave that was a great writeup! You did good work on that game.

I wonder...do you mind if I post something about it on the Game AI site?

Ferretman

ferretman@gameai.com
www.gameai.com
From the High, Cold, Snowy Mountains of Colorado

Ferretman
ferretman@gameai.com
From the High Mountains of Colorado
GameAI.Com

Be my guest. Maybe I should try and write a bit more sometimes on ideas I''ve had since.
I''m sure there must be some way to use roughly the same basisc process to allow for users to program characters themselves, and combine primitive operations into higher-level ones. Especially in some team-based game, some kind of ''Program/train your own attack/defence force'' facility seems possible. (Though I guess someone else may well have done something like that already - I''m not up to speed with what games are out there.)

DaveW

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement