Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

container for vertex arrays in Xwindows

This topic is 5792 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am programming using the g++ compiler and I have run into an issue with vertex arrays. I moving some code from windows to Xwindows. On windows I used vectors for my vertex arrays and these worked fine. I also used dynamically allocated arrays. These also worked fine. However I cannot get the function glDrawElements(,,,) to work The core dumps at this point with "broken pipe" with both vertors and arrays. Any suggestions?? ps. I have TRACED everything and my verticies and indicies are in the containers where they should be. TIA

What version of g++ do you have, what Xwindow do you have, which OS do you use for Xwindow, and most important of all : how do you use the GL rendering context (do you use GLUT, or do you go directly into Xwindows'' callbacks) ?

What version of g++ do you have,
version 2.95.3

what Xwindow do you have, which OS do you use for Xwindow,
Im using solaris8

and most important of all : how do you use the GL rendering context (do you use GLUT, or do you go directly into Xwindows'' callbacks) ?

Im not using glut,
I open a standard opengl window

TIA

> version 2.95.3
that''s a good one IMO.

> Im using solaris8
Aw, I haven''t been using solaris for ages -*

> I open a standard opengl window
Using X-window ? That''s a bit dangerous. Well, that''s your problem
To be more constructive, I''d tell you to check OpenGL version because you need OpenGL 1.1 or greater :
(char*)glGetString(GL_VERSION)