Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonzo3

container for vertex arrays in Xwindows

I am programming using the g++ compiler and I have run into an issue with vertex arrays. I moving some code from windows to Xwindows. On windows I used vectors for my vertex arrays and these worked fine. I also used dynamically allocated arrays. These also worked fine. However I cannot get the function glDrawElements(,,,) to work The core dumps at this point with "broken pipe" with both vertors and arrays. Any suggestions?? ps. I have TRACED everything and my verticies and indicies are in the containers where they should be. TIA

What version of g++ do you have, what Xwindow do you have, which OS do you use for Xwindow, and most important of all : how do you use the GL rendering context (do you use GLUT, or do you go directly into Xwindows'' callbacks) ?

What version of g++ do you have,
version 2.95.3

what Xwindow do you have, which OS do you use for Xwindow,
Im using solaris8

and most important of all : how do you use the GL rendering context (do you use GLUT, or do you go directly into Xwindows'' callbacks) ?

Im not using glut,
I open a standard opengl window

TIA

> version 2.95.3
that''s a good one IMO.

> Im using solaris8
Aw, I haven''t been using solaris for ages -*

> I open a standard opengl window
Using X-window ? That''s a bit dangerous. Well, that''s your problem
To be more constructive, I''d tell you to check OpenGL version because you need OpenGL 1.1 or greater :
(char*)glGetString(GL_VERSION)