• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do I Make A Game Engine

This topic is 5940 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How Do I Make A Game Engine That Is Like Final Fantasy. I Just Need To Know How To Make A Game Engine And Then I Think I Can Make Any Kind But I Don''t Know How To Make Any Kind At All. All Help Is Appreciated. Thank You!

Advertisement
But Maximus i think i am ready i just dont know where to start with making an engine because i have learned C++. Im not to good at it yet becuase i am rather new to the aspect but i want to know how to make an engine so do u think i will know how to make one when i become more familier with C++?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Sea Cucumber Is Make Good Game Engine You Just HaveTo Use Createvety And Cooky Doh And Then I Think Any Kind OfEngine Canbe Made But You Have To Know How To Make Any Kind Of Engine At All. My Freind Says Use A Hecks Editer From Finel Fantesy For Kind Of Engine What Is That.

Do you know how to program: OpenGL/Direct3d? Matricies? Vectors? Culling? Linked lists? Model loading? etc..?
If you answered no to any of these, you aren''t ready to make a game engine like Final Fantasy (that''ll take a few YEARS before you even have a grasp on how its done)
/me points to nehe.gamedev.net (opengl) nexe.gamedev.net (directx)

bai

||--------------------------||
Black Hole Productions
[url]http://bhp.e-chrono.net/
Resident expert on stuff
max621@barrysworld.com
||--------------------------||

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!