dx8 headers & libs

Started by
1 comment, last by baddrizz 22 years, 2 months ago
hello just a simple question can anyone tell me if there is a place to get the dx8 headers and libs for msvc and maybe the docs(don''t have to have them) cause well i''m on 56k and i don''t really want to download the 124mb sdk thanks for any help
Advertisement
Won''t work - you''d also need the DLLs, runtime switchers, utility .exes etc...

IIRC there is a version of the SDK available which doesn''t have the sample programs (which are pretty important IMO though). Also MS used to sell the complete SDK on CD for about $6.

--
Simon O''''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

Dont be silly! I downloaded the SDK and I''m on 56K (actually, I only log on at 26,600!!!!), it took 3 days to download the 8.0 SDK, and to my extreme suprise, 8.1 came out 3 days later. Then, 3 days after that, I had 8.1! Anyways, to get to the point, find a friend with a cable modem and a CD burner, thats what I did when I corrupted my 8.1 SDK about a week after that second long D/L, now I have a backup on CD, too!!

Good luck to ya!
~Senses()
"I want to make a simple MMORPG first" - Fenryl

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement