Linuxworld

Started by
4 comments, last by Hitchhiker90 22 years, 2 months ago
Has anyone or is anyone going to Linux World Expo? I''ll be going tomorrow. Its supposed to rain tho Amtrakking it from Albany to NYC. Its going to be leet. I''ll give yas an update on what I see if anyone is interested. I would love to have gone to Carly Fiorina''s conference, I think she''s hot. I would have hooked up with her. Do you think I stand a chance? Hitchhiker90 "There''s one bitch in the world, one bitch with many faces" -- Jay "What are you people, on dope?" -- Mr. Hand
Hitchhiker90"There's one bitch in the world, one bitch with many faces" -- Jay"What are you people, on dope?" -- Mr. Hand
Advertisement
Nah you dont have a chance. Sorry.
I''d like to go, but seeing as I''m over 1000 miles away from NYC...

quote:I would love to have gone to Carly Fiorina''s conference, I think she''s hot. I would have hooked up with her. Do you think I stand a chance?

Uh, no

rm -rf /bin/laden
I went, I saw, I left to see the city instead.

I was kind of disappointed in the Linux World Expo. I thought there was going to be more to it, and more stuff for the desktop. Seems like this even was mainly geared at servers, managing servers, and clustering. Maybe I went in there with false hopes.

Highlights: Showed beowulf clusters, Mandrake was the only vendor giving away distros, crazy ass hardware that would give you a woody. The animation stuff was cool and how they did scenes for Shrek. Ximian had a nice display of their software.
Free kylix cd. They had some development software, but not too much.

The rest of it was for server management. Seems that every company wants to make a program to manage your servers. Oh and nothing about games and linux.

As for Carly, I still have hope. I don''t care if she''s older than me or makes 10 times more than I do or is the CEO of a major computer company, I love her and she loves me and its that kind of bonding that is going to keep us together.

Hitchhiker90
"There''s one bitch in the world, one bitch with many faces" -- Jay
"What are you people, on dope?" -- Mr. Hand
Hitchhiker90"There's one bitch in the world, one bitch with many faces" -- Jay"What are you people, on dope?" -- Mr. Hand
I just got off the phone with Carly and she told me to tell you no. Sorry dude.
Carly makes a helluva lot more than 10 times you do.

http://www.aflcio.org/cgi-bin/aflcio.pl?tkr=HWP&pg=1

She actually made more money than Ballmer. Of course, this is take home pay, most CEOs take money from the company and expense it. Makes for a bigger tax break.

If the wind blows hard enough, even turkeys can fly

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement