tool programming: May I ask...

Started by
22 comments, last by Some Guy 22 years, 2 months ago
I use C++ Builder as well. I tried MFC, but I just couldn''t get into it. When I''m making an editor or something I just want things as simple as possible.
Advertisement
It is possible to aquire pointers in VB with a few functions from Win32 API. Its not near as easy as getting pointers in C++ though.
Getting the pointers isn''t the problem. Using them is.

quote:
Why would you write the _tools_ for making that game or program in C++? Why? It would take longer than necessary and bugs would be abundant because of the rush to get it finished, right?

That depends on your architecture, which is limited by the implementation language.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
quote:Original post by Null and Void
Wrappers of MFC and COM? Not really (the only things that do exist are nothing like wrappers). Wrappers of their functionality? Yes. Look at wxWindows, Qt, VGUI, et cetera.

That''s what I meant. I didn''t mean wrappers of MFC and COM (don''t see the point in it ). But there is a C++ HOWTO on "beautifying" C++ and making it look more like Java. Came w/ my copy of Mandrake Linux.

And I now agree. It depends on the design and architecture, and that should depend on the skill/weakness of the programmer. C++ is very flexible, and there''s seemingly always a way to cheat and cut corners.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement