• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NeilFerguson

Abertay MSc

This topic is 6164 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have an hons degree in CS and I'm wanting to get into the games industry. I've been slaving over A.LaMothe's book for a while, but I'd like more of an interactive education. I've been considering the option of doing the year long masters degree in computer games technology at Abertay Uni. I'm curious about how the games industry rates this sort of course i.e. does anyone from the industry know if it is up to speed with current developments? And if you were an employer would you be keen to hire a person with such a degree? Or would I just be wasting my time altogether? Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Neil. Edited by - neilferguson on February 1, 2002 10:15:51 AM

Advertisement
Funny you should bring this up cos i was just talking to their admission office on the phone today...

Anyway, there was a thread about this a while ago and from what i remember the course if pretty damm good. There are lectures given by people from within the game development community and i think i''m right in saying that DMA design were instrumental in the setup of the course a few years back.

Might see you there if you decide to go,
zipless

/* Ignorance is bliss, then you go and spoil it by learning stuff */

So are they going ahead with it Zipless, remember there was talk that it''d be distance-learning next year...

- seb

Yeah thats sorta why i'm applying. There only going to do the distance learning IF there aren't enough students applying, soooooo i reckon the more people that apply the better.

Anyway it sounds kick ass, another year of student lifestyle and enough time to make at least one kickass game for my portfolio.

zipless

EDIT: By the way, what about you? Anymore further education?

/* Ignorance is bliss, then you go and spoil it by learning stuff */

Edited by - zipless on February 1, 2002 7:19:53 PM

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!