'Caps' Database

Started by
4 comments, last by Infinisearch 22 years, 2 months ago
I think the following would be useful to pretty much everyone. A persistent thread in the DX forum where people can post there video card, driver version being used and the results from the CAP''s structure using the Cap''s viewer in the SDK. You can use a form so there are no duplicate entries, and maybe even some global stats like how many people have a card based on a certain chip. I know OGL has extensions but i don''t know more than that, but something similar might be useful for the OGL forum. It would help out to see what cards supported what features.

-potential energy is easily made kinetic-

Advertisement
bump...
What, no one this this would be a nice troubleshooting/target platform development tool?

This is something I''ve been kicking around for over a year. It seems like I''ve seen similar things elsewhere, but they''ve always started with a bang and fizzled. If it''s something people are really interested in, we can put something together.

What I had in mind wouldn''t be directly tied to the forums, though. It''d be a separate section of the site. And it''d be for both Direct3D and OGL.
Thanks for answering, I thought I was the only person who thought this would be helpful for making sure your program will work on a majority of platforms/target platform. Why not the forums? being in a more convienient location might foster more community interaction.

I think this would be a great idea. I''m often looking around to see what OpenGL extensions are supported on a particular card.
What we need is something that will use both OpenGL and D3D and go thru and enumerate the relevant info for each. Perhaps Myopic would like to write this up with DX8.1 and OGL 1.2.

That would be really cool; a database could store the results and there could be search functions also.

-----------------------------
The sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement