POLL : Is art something you can learn?? cuz I would LOVE to hehe

Started by
6 comments, last by burgc002 22 years, 2 months ago
Just wondering...and any tips are greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Like everything in life you need to practice.

A year ago I couldn''t draw worth a s**t. Now, I''m not too bad. Still not great, but much improved.

If you take your time with something and try new things you might surprise yourself.

borngamer
Great response, thanks for the inspiration.
Any work I can see?
and I ask myself what this post is really about. A simple well known common sense point out that practice makes you better is inspiration, perhaps you can get away with that, but then asking can I see any work and you wonder what this post is really about
0wn3d j00 www.10six.com
Wondering what that response was about sheesh. You dont have to show any of your work if you dont want to but I would appreciate any tips you might have about me becoming better at drawing. Anyway, I dont want to step on anyones toes. If I have done something wrong please explain and I wont let it happen again, thanks.
And the inspiration was from the fact that borngamer thinks art is somehting you can learn, so I do have a chance, that's all.

Edited by - burgc002 on February 1, 2002 11:30:15 PM
Yes, it can be learned, just like any other skill. There are a lot of good sites out there teaching you how to draw, shade, colour, use Photoshop, etc etc. You can also get books on it, especially if you want to draw Anime or some other cartoon/caricature art. Following a few simple guidelines lets you begin to produce some really nice work, which then inspires you to do better. Remember to try more than one style while you''re learning though, as otherwise you end up just copying someone rather than learning your own strengths and weaknesses.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost ]
The Thematic composition thread. Why aren''t you reading it, posting in it, and asking questions in it? It is better to discuss the process of seeing, visualizing, and composing than it is to take a poll to see if such a process can be learned.

Hey thanks I will check that out!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement