Someone test my game?

Started by
11 comments, last by laeuchli 22 years, 2 months ago
Hey all! Will someone test my space game at www.laeuchli.com/jesse/ and tell me how it runs etc? Thanks, Jesse www.laeuchli.com/jesse/
Advertisement
Uhhhhh you meant the GLEngine right? I downloaded it, but when I start it a console box pops up and stays there doing nothing

My specs:

Pentium III 650 Mhz
128 Mb SDRam (133 Mhz)
nVidia TNT2 M64 (32 Mb)
Windows ''98 (original edition)
eh, i''m not trying to be funny but, whats it supposed to do?

I downloaded spacedemo and there are 3 exe''s, DarkServer can''t run because of a missing DLL. GLDark2PTest opens a dos window then crashes and the fractal GUI definatley isn''t a space game.

zipless
/* Ignorance is bliss, then you go and spoil it by learning stuff */
oh yeah. Forgot to mention you need a geforce card....
I have a GeForce card and I can''t get it to work. I get a console window that just sits there.
Yep, i''m running a GeForce card. No joy.

hmmm, do you have have win9x? That might have something to do with it. Not sure though, I''ll try and dig up a copy to test it with :-(. It''s supposed to ask you to enter the server ip address. Can you enter any thing at all in the console window, or is it just not responding? Thanks for the help,
Jesse
No offense but i don''t really think you should be asking people to try your "game" if it doesn''t actually do anything without being setup first.

From the description it sounds like a sort of 3D flight simulator but now i''m left with the distinct impression that it''s just a flakey DOS based program the has something to do with servers, if it works.

The program might be great but your never going to get good feedback if you don''t get it tested reasonably well AND provide at least some simple instructions and what to expect. ATM there is a folder full of files, 3 of which are exe''s and theres no readme.txt, read.me or any sort of doc at all.

Not trying to dis your work just something you might want to think about thats all.

For the record i''m running Win XP.

zipless
Works great on my computer. For your information, it''s a 32 bit Windows App using opengl, no dos.

From the description it sounds like a sort of 3D flight simulator but now i''m left with the distinct impression that it''s just a flakey DOS based program the has something to do with servers, if it works.

The program might be great but your never going to get good feedback if you don''t get it tested reasonably well AND provide at least some simple instructions and what to expect. ATM there is a folder full of files, 3 of which are exe''s and theres no readme.txt, read.me or any sort of doc at all.

Not trying to dis your work just something you might want to think about thats all.

For the record i''m running Win XP.
/>
Not that I''m going to, but I could just as easily say your computer isn''t setup right.

It needs the server as it''s a network game(seems sort of obvious).

You have a good point about the readme. I''ll do write one, and inculude it in the next update.
Yuo can''t say that my computer isn''t setup right, you don''t specify any requirements.

The only reson i brought up DOS is that a dos box (or emulated one on XP) is opened up when i run one of the exe''s.

"It needs the server as it''s a network game(seems sort of obvious)."
That was my point, it''s not obvious.

If you need any more info about my setup let me know and i''ll give you the info. The dos box doesn''t allow any text input, it''s only open for about 2 seconds before XP catches it trying to cause an error.

zipless

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement