• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChristianFolkers

Try this isometric engine!

This topic is 6030 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is my new isometric engine Orontes. Please test it and say me if it works and what I can do better. You can download it here: http://home.t-online.de/home/520020747929-0001/Orontes.zip

Advertisement
it doesn''t work. It switches into a different resolution, but then quits without a message, but locks the mouse pointer, and the only thing I could do was a restart.

Not bad, but still needs some work, seems like you have the basic stuff and thats it, also check your HRESULTs and take action, is better to see a messagebox saying "cant run with your current resolution" than having it crash in another computer and get comments like Peaceman''s.

Sorry that you must reset your PC.
I have updated the HRESULTS but I can''t find
the problem.

The programm runs(or try to run) in 640x480x16 Fullscreen modus
and used the standard cDisplay class from the DirectX8.0 SDK.

Please send me info about your hardware and your DirectX
version because nobody else has that problem.

Hey man,

Worked great on my machine, noticed no slow down and ran without a hitch.
Pentium 3, 700
256 Megs of Ram
S3 Savage4 32 Meg Video Card

I was wondering if you would release the source anytime soon, theres some things I wouldn''t mind learning from your engine.

Works great! (Outside of the general problems I have with this piece of garbage laptop I develop on).

I''ve got a PII 300 w/192 MB RAM w/2.5 Megs of Video Memory.

-Chris

Christian, this is excellent. It shows smooth map scrolling, use of the mouse for scrolling, and mouse/tile hit. This is something that comes up time after time in this forum. You should release the code.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!