• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HJB481

need ideas for a video I need to make

This topic is 5979 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

sup, I need to make a video for my computer animation class. I gotta use computer graphics (like toystory, monster inc, but 10,000times crappier =) ) and real video (stuff I need to record of a DV cam (digital camcorder) ) but I have no idea on what I should do. Does anybody have any ideas, storyboards, funny sketches, etc? doesn''t have to be long, 30sec is cool.

Advertisement
If it''s for a class on computer graphics, take my advice.

Forget story, plot, and anything like that.

Instead, go for broke on cinematic quality, atmosphere, mood, camera angles, noir style lighting, etc.

It''s my guess that that''s what you''ll be marked on anyway.

Think of good adverts, music videos, trailers, etc, and try to see what makes them good or bad.

Go for something simple yet powerful - darkness and shadow is a good trick, because it makes the piece really moody if done right and also cuts down a lot on modelling and texturing.

Think of "the third man", "farewell my lovely", noir films like that. If you haven''t seen any film noir, check out a library or something.

I hope I have been vaguely helpful.

Sorry, but it is not the forum for this, you can check Game Designer forum for more help.

-----------------------------------------------

"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!