• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peaceman

Objects on isometric maps

This topic is 6038 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I designed a nice little isometric map, but I''m wondering how to place objects on that map know. I thought at first, that I could just have some tiles with different pieces of houses and then put them together, but how would I place a house at the edge of the map. If I understood some of the threads correctly for units, you have a 2d bitmap and then draw it from different directions and then 4 or 5 different animation phases for each direction. Is this correct?

Advertisement
"Hi, I designed a nice little isometric map, but I''m wondering how to place objects on that map know."

Try making another layer of the map for the items, try color keying so you can see some of the ground under the items.

"but how would I place a house at the edge of the map."

The same way you would place it in the middle of the map (I dont understand the question).

f I understood some of the threads correctly for units, you have a 2d bitmap and then draw it from different directions and then 4 or 5 different animation phases for each direction. Is this correct?

Yes, thats the most common way of doing it.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!