• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

enumerating the capabilities of a video card....

This topic is 5866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m writing a piece of software that I''d like to release for people to play with. It''s heavily graphics intensive and I need to be able to enumerate the capabilities of an end users graphics card during runtime or at least before the first time it''s run. I''m looking for pretty much everything I can get. I saw the NEHE tutorial about parsing the opengl engine for available extensions. can I use a similar facility to find out things like maximum textures resolution, availiable video memory, maximum and minimum screen resolution or do I have to get it from the system registry? I would appreciate any suggestions you guys would have to offer... Thanks. Jason.

Advertisement
Screen size (and maximum screen size, et cetera) determination is OS specific. Look in the MSDN for some more information (I can''t remember the exact enumeration function). Video memory is also OS specific. Maximum texture size can be found with glGetIntegerv (again: look through the documentation).

• Advertisement