OpenGL and Direct3D - Both or just one?

Started by
20 comments, last by LonelyTower 22 years, 2 months ago
you know what i think the problem is with most people on this board........it is jealousy.
Everyone always bashes MS for everything they do. They make crappy this, they make shitty that. You know it is damn true that they would do the exact same things MS does if given the opportunity.
Business is about MONEY, you dont make money, you dont have a business. So you damn right that if I owned MS I would be looking every which way to make money that I could, especially with the technology market in a mess as it is right now.

You dont like their stuff then dont use it. I dont want to ever here you complain about how windows crashes every 5 mins, switch to a different OS, make a game for a different OS. Why wont you do that ? Because if you make a game for a different OS then you wont be able to sell it to the vast majority of people (say 85% or better) who use windows, which means less MONEY for you. So you see, even though you dont like MS, it really comes down to the money.

Money is what makes the world go round. Well that and sex.

"I pity the fool, thug, or soul who tries to take over the world, then goes home crying to his momma."
- Mr. T
Advertisement
quote:
Games like those don''t even support direct3d. Here is a somewhat complete list of recent games out that use OpenGL.
http://www.opengl.org/users/apps_hardware/applications/games.html

I looked at that list, and I''m a little confused by it. I''ll dig into it more when I''m not so tired, but some of the games listed have no OpenGL support whatsoever. One example: DiabloII is listed as using OpenGL. Following the link to the D2 homepage, you see that it has a software renderer, and will support 3Dfx and Direct3D. No mention of OpenGL at all. There are quite a few on there that I know support both (Unreal Tournament for one). And there are quite a few shareware / freeware games listed, which dillutes the list somewhat.

Apart from companies using an id engine, what other commercial games are pushing OpenGL?

Take care,
Bill

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement