• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirectX 8.1, 2D Graphics, and 3D Hardware!

This topic is 5832 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay, as I''ve stated before I''m new to the DirectSDK and just got myself setup with everything I need to start learning. Now I just need some good tutorials (or books) that can help me achieve my goal. I would really like to know how to best use Direct X 8.1, on 3D hardware, to create 2D games (such as shooters, side-scrollers, and tile based games, etc.). If someone could please point me in the right direction I''d be quite appreciative. P.S. I do have Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Guru''s, but I would like to try and take advantage of the features of 3D hardware, while keeping to a 2D format. (ex. I heard Alpha Blending is awefully slow if not done through 3D). P.P.S. I heard there where some wrapper classes around that allowed a DirectDraw style programming approach but which utilitized the 3D methods in DX 8.1? Anyone know if they do exist, and if so where I can get them? Thanks in advance...

Advertisement
I have a D3DXSprite wrapper on my site which will get u going.
I''m also working on a complete DX8 game wrapper using proper c++ classes, hopefully it will be ready soon.

Go to:

Downloads, D3DXSprite tutorial, New platform game: .-= The ZeroOne Realm =-.

• Advertisement